Monday, April 9, 2012

don't give up.

Sometimes, I get overwhelmed. It makes me feel helpless and ashamed, because most of the time it's because I haven't prioritized my time effectively, or because I have procrastinated.  Then I get annoyed with myself because I know there is no one to blame but me, and yet I always manage to get back on top. That's something I've always admired about myself; That optimistic, positive part of my brain that reminds me that one day it's going to be ok.
I have a little widget on my phone that just has one word written in large letters: perseverence.
It used to say "patience," because I felt like I was NEVER going to get to Nacogdoches. Well, I made it. However, patience is still important.
I feel as if a lot of "p" words are shaping my life lately.
passion.
participation.
pulchritude
power.
pensive.
people.
potential.
purpose.
positivity.
parnassian.
and the aforementioned two.
It's important to remember to just keep swimming, or keep moving forward, or whichever Disney-esque positive mantra you like to chant. Everything's going to be ok in the end! Just keep following those dreams.

The end of the semester is coming really soon, and then before I know it I'll be in Europe. :)

Entertaining things to check out:
www.cracked.com (I especially like the "After Hours" series.)
www.sourcefed.com (Really anything pertaining to DeFranco Inc. is awesome. It's not like super news or anything, just fun stories about some things going on.)
John Green's youtube channel (He and his brother Hank update every Tues & Fri)

1 comment:

  1. I could have written the first four lines of your post! I feel exactly the same and have been fighting this problem for a while. I'm always telling Scott, "Why must I constantly shoot myself in the foot?! Ergh!" Maybe we're related. ;) Thanks for sharing. I love reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete